Best Hope quotes are an incredibly powerful emotion. It can lift us up when we feel stuck in challenging circumstances, provide mental clarity during confusing or difficult times, and get us through moments of despair.
When you need just a little bit of encouragement to make it through the day, look no further than these inspiring hope quotes that will help keep your spirits up.
From wise words by renowned authors and thought leaders to poignant reflections from modern-day activists and presenters, let these uplifting words carry you forward with renewed energy as you navigate life’s many ups and downs.
1. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
2. “Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all.” – Emily Dickinson
3. “When the world says, ‘Give up,’ hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time.'” – Unknown
4. “Hope is the power of being cheerful in circumstances that we know to be desperate.” – G.K. Chesterton
5. “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
6. “Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle
7. “While there’s life, there’s hope.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
8. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
9. “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.” – Suzanne Collins
10. “Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.” – Samuel Smiles