Do you ever need a little bit of guidance in best philosophy quotes? Or just a few words to remind yourself of why you do the things you do and how to approach situations?
Finding inspiration from wise men is an age-old tradition, especially in philosophy. Here are some amazing quotes gathered from some of history’s biggest thinkers that will help light your path and provide direction on your journey through life.
1. “The unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
2. “I think, therefore I am.” – René Descartes
3. “Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward.” – Søren Kierkegaard
4. “The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you do not necessarily require happiness.” – William Saroyan
5. “The more I read, the more I acquire, the more certain I am that I know nothing.” – Voltaire
6. “He who is brave is free.” – Seneca
7. “The function of man is to live, not to exist.” – Jack London
8. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” – Socrates
9. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
10. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama